Home Information for Residents Births, Deaths, Marriages Marriages, Civil Partnerships & Other Ceremonies

COVID-19 update | Changes to services due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) Find out more

In this section

Giving Notice of a Marriage or Civil Partnership

If you want to get married or form a civil partnership in England or Wales you must both give notice at the Register Office.

How do I get married at the Council House or Book a Registrar?

Find out how you can book a Wedding or Civil Partnership at The Council House, or for a Registrar to attend an Approved Premise

Approved premises for Marriages and Civil Partnerships

The list on this page details all those establishments that are currently licensed to hold Marriage Ceremonies and Civil Partnerships.

Marriage in Church or Religious building

How to get married in a Church or Religious Building

Naming ceremonies and renewal of vows

Find out more about Naming Ceremonies and Renewal of Vows

Getting married at Nottingham Heritage sites

Nottingham City Council's Heritage sites provide beautiful surroundings for wedding ceremonies and receptions.

Convert a Civil Partnership to a Marriage

FInd out how to convert your civil partnership into a marriage within the UK.